7 Tips for Choosing the Best Tree Service
Tree removal, trimming, and stump grinding is tricky business. It requires a certain level of experience and expertise. Unfortunately, many tree services aren’t honest in their dealings. They may hire inexperienced workers to handle their tree care or overcharge for services provided. Because tree care is so important, it’s vital to have a tree service that you trust on hand. To ensure that you find a trustworthy tree care service in Conyers, here are a few things to consider.
· Verify credentials. Before hiring a tree service, ask about their credentials. In order to operate legally, each company should be registered with the state and have a business license. Along with a business license, verify that your chosen tree service has insurance and workers’ compensation. If a company doesn’t have insurance, do not hire them. While they may charge less than other companies, they can’t be held liable should anything happen to your home, tree, or the workers performing the service.
· Check out their BBB rating. The Better Business Bureau is a site that collects experiences and information from customers of specific companies. Based on this information, a letter grade is awarded. Take the time to look into the rating that prospective tree removal services have received. Along with the letter grade, look into any complaints that have been filed.
· Ask for referrals. Your friends and family members may have had experiences with tree removal services. Good or bad, ask them to share your stories to ensure that you make the right choice for your tree service.
· Prices are important, but not the determining factor. While you shouldn’t have to pay an arm and a leg for your tree needs, be aware of rock-bottom prices. If a tree service seems to be priced well below the rest of the market, it may be because they don’t have experience or the proper insurance or training. If a company is charging too much, it’s also important to move on to another candidate.
· Get estimates. Before selecting a tree service to handle your needs, ask for estimates. Make sure that each prospective company visits the site of the trees needing the service. This ensures the most accurate estimate. This also gives you the opportunity to interact with each company face to face.
· Don’t fall for door-to-door salesmen. In the fall and spring, you may have a few tree services knocking on your door asking if you have any tree removal needs or maintenance that needs to be done. Oftentimes, these are traveling companies that scam consumers by charging high prices for little work. Don’t fall for these types of sales ploys.
· Don’t pay until you’re satisfied. Once your trees have been serviced, inspect the work yourself. If you are unhappy with something, make sure that you voice your concerns. You are paying this company to perform the work that you need. Make sure that the job is done well before handing over your hard earned cash.
Whether you need trimming or tree grinding in Conyers, by using these tips you are sure to find a trustworthy company to handle all of your maintenance needs.