Things to Know about Stump Removal
Whether you’ve had a tree die or you need to remove it for construction reasons, it’s easy to cut down the trunk and branches. It’s the stump that poses an issue. The tree stump could have roots that stretch several feet below the earth. Because of this, it’s extremely important to remove the stump in the correct way. Without the proper equipment and expertise, you run the risk of damaging your property or injuring yourself. For that reason, it’s important to assess the tree removal cost in Conyers. Before you attempt to remove any stumps on your own, here are a few things you need to know.
· Removing a stump isn’t an easy process. There’s a reason why farmers used to dedicate days to removing stumps from their land. It’s because it was so time consuming. While the process used to involve draft horses, now there is equipment to help get the job done. Even with the right machines, though, removing a stump is difficult if you don’t have experience in the matter.
· The root systems involved vary, depending on the tree. Coniferous trees such as pines and spruces all have very shallow root systems. This makes them easier to remove from the ground. Deciduous trees have much deeper root systems. Depending on the age of the tree, these systems can have an extremely wide span. Without understanding the root system of the tree you need to remove, you could be in for a rocky ride.
· The hardness of the wood makes a difference. A stump grinder is an ideal tool to use when removing stumps from land. Depending on the type of tree being removed, the wood could take longer to grind down. Conifers have softer wood, making them easier to grind down. Deciduous trees have a harder wood makeup and take more time to grind down the stump.
· It’s not worth the work to remove the stump on your property. While you can remove that stubborn stump on your own, why would you want to? If you choose to use a stump grinder, you’re going to have to go through the trouble of renting the machine, learning how to use it, and then spend a few hours trying to clear your land. If you try to dig the stump out on your own, you can bet that it’s going to take a while. Not only do you have to dig down and expose all of the roots, but you then have to cut them with a root saw and extract them. Save yourself the time, money, and backbreaking work by hiring out your stump removal to a professional company.
· Not every stump can be easily removed. While a stump grinder is the easiest way to remove a stump, not every trunk can be removed that way. In fact, some larger trees will require the use of a backhoe. A professional company will be able to assess the size and depth of the root system of each tree. From there, they will recommend a specific removal process to ensure that your land is cleared properly.
When you need stump removal in Conyers, don’t do it yourself. Let a professional save you the effort and remove the tree easily and efficiently.